Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Year, New Goals


Resolutions....
Hmmm...I always feel like the *right* thing to do is make them each year. Then I get caught up in how important that word seems and how I can't possibly perfectly live up to those resolutions, and they start slipping fast. Once life steps in, those resolutions are history.

Goals...
To me, goals are much more attainable and open to revamping whenever I feel that I am straying and need to reevaluate. I am making a few new goals for this new year. I plan on reevaluating them on a quarterly basis to see how I am progressing, then reworking those goals as the need may be.

These are my new goals for the year:

PERSONAL

  • Blog at least once per week = 52 posts for the year
  • Work towards my weight loss and exercise goals 
    • lower BMI by a minimum of 2.4 points
    • lower my weight by 15 pounds
    • lower my waist measurement by 5 inches
    • lower my body fat percentage (according to my scale) by at least 2%
  • Complete the doTERRA Slim & Sassy Challenge

SPIRITUAL

  • Complete the 60 day reading plan (not necessarily in the 60 days, as long as it is completed)
  • Choose another reading plan to complete
PROFESSIONAL
  • Find at least 1 more business to create and manage a website for
  • Increase my doTERRA team
  • Hold a minimum of 1 essential oil class each quarter
  • Teach 2 cloth diapering/ green mama classes this year
  • Teach 2 green living DIY classes this year
  •  Teach 1 mystery shopping class this year
  • Attend at least 2 professional workshops/ conferences this year
  • Attend at least 4 professional classes this year
FAMILY
  • Continue to pay down debt and stay on track to be debt free (aside from mortgage) by the end of 2013
  • Organize entire basement
  • Reduce "stuff" by 10%

Splitting up my goals into categories seems like it will be easier for me to accomplish, and to not be overwhelmed. I will work on these and check in on these in 3 months. 

What are your goals for the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!