Sunday, July 21, 2013

Write on!

I love to get mail. 
Not bills. Not junk mail. Not generic cards with a scribbled name. REAL mail. 
My daughters are beginning to love getting mail, too. I am teaching them that in order to get mail, they must in turn create and send mail to others. They may not be able to write much yet, but drawing pictures, coloring pages, and sending pressed flowers and other fun little things are fair game to send.

I try to write a few letters a month, but I feel like it is time to step it up and send at least one letter or card with a personal message (not just a signed name for a birthday or anniversary) each week. To start this feat, after pining for a lost friendship, I am ready to begin writing to try to rekindle my bond after 5 years.

My questions to you are:

  • Do you enjoy sending and receiving mail?
  • At what point do you swallow your pride and attempt to begin to mend a friendship via the art of letter writing? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!